There’s no need for takeout anymore – you can easily make homemade teriyaki bowls in minutes!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets 1
- 2 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place salmon filets along with the soy sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 14-15 minutes.
- Place broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 mins, or until cooked through and vibrant green.
- Serve salmon immediately with rice and broccoli.
** Recipe & photo credit: Damn Delicious