The Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Easy to make, grain-free AND so healthy. Plus, you will honestly not even be able to taste a difference!
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER CRUST
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- To make the cauliflower crust, add cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground, yielding about 2-3 cups.*
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and place into microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until softened; let cool.
- Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread cauliflower mixture into a 15- by 10-inch rectangle onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheeses and pepperoni minis. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.
** Recipe & photo credit: Damn Delicious